Professional Remodelers Organization Scholarship Program
The scholarship program’s purpose is to identify and honor exceptionally able high school students, and to provide additional financial assistance to the student. The Scholarship fund has $1,500.00 available with a minimum Scholarship Award of $500.00.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Local high school age students who are relatives of PRO members, including family members of employees of PRO members, can apply for this scholarship, including those who served in the military up to age 25.
To apply for the scholarship, students must submit this application form, along with the requirements listed below. All applications must be postmarked by April 30th or received in the PRO office by the close of business of the current year.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION ARE:
- Copy of high school transcript, minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent of a “B” average.
- 250 word essay “What does a college education mean to me”
- Letter of acceptance from an accredited institution for higher education
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, employer or clergy member
- Completed application form. Forms not fully completed will not be considered
HOW WINNERS ARE SELECTED
Scholarship winners will be chosen on a competitive basis based on their scholastic achievements.
Scholarship recipients will receive notice via U.S. Mail.
REQUIREMENT OF RECIPIENTS
Scholarship recipients will be required to be present and offer an acceptance speech at the May general membership meeting of PRO.
In August, the scholarship recipient must provide PRO with a copy of their scheduled classes, and in return will receive their scholarship check. Recipients can only receive one scholarship.